The William Rutsey Future Leaders Scholarship is awarded annually to a member of the Canadian gaming industry who wants to further his or her career and develop the necessary skills to become a leader.
Applicants are chosen for their potential to make a difference to their employer, community, and the Canadian gaming industry, and will be granted $2,500 to focus on one of three areas:
1) Technology and innovation
2) Executive leadership
3) Business administration
The William Rutsey Future Leaders Scholarship is open to Canadians who are passionate about driving technology and innovation to effect meaningful change, possess a desire and potential to lead, are eager to build networks, and have the confidence to take on challenges. Only one scholarship will be awarded on an annual basis, and the first one was granted in 2018.
To Apply to the William Rutsey Future Leaders Scholarship
Please complete the application form. Email your application by November 29, 2019 to email@example.com to be considered for this calendar year. The winner will be announced in early 2020.
- Applicant currently works in the Canadian gaming industry.
- Applicant is interested in pursuing training and/or education in technology/innovation, executive leadership, or business administration.
- Priority will be given to those who have not previously received a scholarship.
- Impact of scholarship on applicant’s career and personal development (judged by applicant’s statement) will be taken into consideration.
- Awarded on a competitive basis.
- Only one scholarship will be awarded in a year.
- Successful applicant must utilize funds within 24 months of receiving the award.
- CGA will make payments directly to the applicant’s chosen organization for program fees.