The CGA’s strategic plan (CGA 2.0) outlines the CGA’s roadmap for the next three-five years, and its three pillars (Advocacy & Awareness, Research & Innovation, Dialogue & Convening) are anchored by the Association’s purpose and guiding principles.
To advance the evolution of Canada’s gaming industry.
Guiding principles describe how we act and interact with each other and external partners.
- We believe in gaming as a legitimate form of entertainment and a positive contributor to our communities
- We promote responsible use of our industry’s products
- We are Canada-wide and nationally focused
- We balance the interests of our various stakeholders
- We seek insights to help the industry innovate
- Advocacy & Awareness
- Research & Innovation
- Dialogue & Convening
Advocacy & Awareness
“To promote the economic value of gaming in Canada by revealing the industry’s contributions to communities across the country.”
This pillar focuses on elevating the CGA’s profile and establishing the Association as the leading voice on issues of importance to the gaming community.
- Define advocacy priorities through consultation with stakeholders and continue to strengthen relationships with regulators
- Continue to strengthen relationships with key federal government stakeholders
- Act as a resource to the industry in its advocacy efforts
- Be the trusted source for information on the gaming industry and increase public acceptance of gaming
- Proactively furnish the industry with relevant and up-to-date information
Research & Innovation
“To support the evolution of the Canadian gaming industry through research, innovation and sharing of best practices.”
The CGA is aware that helping the industry evolve will require supporting new research and innovation. Supporting research and innovation can lead to both product innovations and process improvements.
- Coordinate national training, education courses and programs
- Identify and share emerging, nationally-relevant issues and opportunities of the gaming industry
- Gather and requisition new research that shows the value of gaming
- Stimulate innovation in the gaming industry by creating opportunities to showcase, promote and advance new products and ideas, both in Canada and worldwide
- Create, manage and make accessible a repository of industry-relevant data
Dialogue & Convening
“To create productive dialogue among industry stakeholders that optimizes the potential of the industry.”
Creating and maintaining open lines of communication between all industry stakeholders is paramount in growing the industry and increasing its public acceptance.
- Develop a long-term strategy for the Canadian Gaming Summit
- Create forums for regular dialogue among regulators, operators, manufacturers, and other stakeholders
- Create a consultation agenda to drive meaningful and consistent stakeholder engagement